Monday, December 9, 2013

Fresh Paint: L'Oreal Magic Top Coat "Matte Velvet"




Recently picked up L'Oreal's new Magic Top Coat in "Matte Velvet". I've never been too attracted to matte manicures, but this one is a keeper! The navy blue color is nothing new; it's Essie's "After School Boy Blazer", one of my absolute faves! I think the matte texture looks super chic with darker colors. It would be fun to mix up the textures as well, maybe a matte nail bed & a super shiny nail tip like a modern french manicure. What do you think? Yay or nay?

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. i've always thought it looked cool...i love the idea of just the matte topcoat so that you can turn any polish matte. (or is that how it works?? i was thinking there were matte polishes? lol)

    [oomph.]
    $50 Libi & Lola Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a topcoat so you can pair it with any polish! I've seen matte polishes, but never tried them.

      Delete
  2. I love your point about liking it on darker polishes. I've tried it on lighter ones and the effect just isn't as sophisticated.

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northern Beauty 85

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree! I think bright & light polishes should be worn to stand out, not subdued :)

      Delete